Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!! (Interesting theory. -W) At the end, choose 10 people (or more or less) to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. (I'm not tagging anyone, but I am curious about brian_edminster's answers. -W)
Crossposted from Facebook; this version has some informative links and extra comments.
IN YOUR SENIOR YEAR DID YOU...
1. Did you date someone from your school?
No, I was dating a girl from my Civil Air Patrol squadron who went to Crossland.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
3. Did you car pool to school?
No. Parents didn't let me drive to school.
4. What kind of car did you have?
'72 Toyota Corolla.
5. What kind of car do you have now?
2001 Kia Sportage.
6. Its Saturday night...where are you now?
Last Saturday night I was hanging out with my daughter, her roommate, and roommate's fiance talking about stuff.
7. It is Saturday night...where were you then?
Working, most likely.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
I worked for High's Dairy Stores, which are kind of like 7-11 except less expensive and more dairy-oriented. The stores I worked at in southern PG county are all closed; the remaining High's seem to all be up around Baltimore or on the Eastern Shore.
9. What kind of job do you do now?
Substitute teacher for the City of Alexandria schools, also customer service for H&R Block.
10. Were you a party animal?
No. That didn't really start until community college. I blame D&D. :)
11. Were you considered a flirt?
Nope. The very idea is hilarious.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Not in high school. I played third chair trombone at John Hanson Jr. High, which was enough to convince me I wouldn't make the cut for Oxon Hill's highly regarded band.
13. Were you a nerd?
I was voted "Most Studious" by my classmates. I read a shitload of books, captained the "It's Academic" team for two years, and started the wargames club, so I guess so.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
Not in high school.
15. Can you sing the fight song?
No. I don't even remember what the fight song was or if we had one.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?
Colonel Pavlakis, Mr. Quigley, Ms. Leino, Ms. Skinner, Ms. Miller, and (of course) Ms. Soraci. In retrospect, I should have paid more attention to Sarge Tatman.
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
Pretty much anywhere.
18. What was your school's full name?
Oxon Hill High School
19. When did you graduate?
20. What was your school's mascot?
We were the Clippers; nobody actually dressed up as one, though.
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Knowing what I know now? Hell, yes.
22. Did you have fun at Prom?
The best part of prom was leaving to go to Disclave (a local science fiction convention) with my date.
Although slow dancing was a lot of fun. :)
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
No, we lost touch years ago. :(
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
I went to my first one last year and will probably go next year if there is one.
25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Some of them, yes. Most of the ones I'm still in touch with I've found on Facebook.
26. School Colors?
Black and gold.