1. What do you think of the state of fandom today -- not just in anime, but all-around?
I think anime fandom may be the only part of fandom that's still growing. TV/media fandom seems to be the same people constantly rushing from one series to the next, and less of it seems to be SF/fantasy-oriented. SF fandom is getting older and crankier and doesn't seem to be able to get enough young folks in the doors to renew itself
2. It's been all about reboots the past couple of years -- see BSG, V, and the new Star Trek film for prime examples of how reboots WORK. What old sci-fi franchise(s) could use the same treatment?
It's been long enough that Space: Above and Beyond could use a reboot. That show had a lot of unrealized potential.
3. What do you watch when you just want to shut the ol' noggin down? -- what do you watch when you want to just see some dumb fun?
4chan and YouTube, definitely. *nodsnods* I don't watch TV very much any more, so that's my closest substitute.
4. You've worked at cons as staff in previous years. Overall, what did you take away from the experience?
It was the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on and the most misery I've ever endured aside from my divorce. Being senior staff (department head/chairman) is an enormous time sink if you do it right but at the same time it's really a major ego boost when people tell you what a great time they had and how they already signed up for next year. You make new friends, and find out quickly what they're worth. I could go on like this for pages...
5. DCAU, or the traditional DC Universe?
Neither. Make Mine Marvel! ;)