1. Was 2006 a good year for you?
- It was okay. Not really good, not really bad.
2. What was your favorite moment(s) of the year?
- Being presented with the banner that seemingly everyone had signed at the end of Anime Detour.
3. What was your least favorite moment(s) of the year?
- Getting released from the MA program at St. Mary's. It was completely avoidable, and I don't have an excuse for flunking out of the last semester.
- Any of several days on which I was extremely feverish to the point of delirium.
4. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
- Nothing of any great importance.
5. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- I don't do New Year's resolutions because I suck at following through on them.
6. Where were you when 2006 began?
- The Anime Detour New Year's Eve party at the T-bird.
7. Who were you with?
- In the sense of being somewhere with a date, nobody.
8. Where will you be when 2006 ends?
- Same place I was when 2005 ended, Pinky.
9. Who will you be with when 2006 ends?
- The usual gang of otaku. ^_^
10. Did anyone close to you give birth?
11. Did you lose anybody close to you in 2006?
12. Who did you miss?
- The Cookie Corner in the Baker Block closed late this year; I'd been stopping there on and off since I first started working downtown, and the manager knew my name.
13. Who was the best new person you met in 2006?
- Didn't really meet any new people this year.
14. What was your favorite month of 2006?
- July. I didn't have a lot of responsibilities at Convergence this year and so was actually able to wander around and enjoy myself for a change.
15. Did you travel outside of the US in 2006?
16. How many different states did you travel to in 2006?
- Iowa, Maryland, and Virginia.
17. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
- A teaching job somewhere in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
18. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- Didn't have any days quite like that this year.
19. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Successfully staging Anime Detour 2006 and handing it off to its new chairman. I had a lot of help with it, of course, but it's definitely the biggest thing I did this year.
20. What was your biggest failure?
- Flunking out of the M.A. program.
21. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- Frequently. This year I got seriously ill due to various systemic infections about once every other month.
22. What was the best thing you bought?
- The Palm TX I got in the fall. It's been an immense help when it comes to getting and staying organized.
23. Whose behavior merited celebration?
- My daughter got hired by an Internet company out East.
- My son got his GED this year.
24. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
- Aside from my Uncle John's ex-wives, nobody I really care about.
25. Where did most of your money go?
- Rent, food, Convergence,
26. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- /b/. LURK MOAR.
27. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2006?
- Very little, actually. I probably had less than a six-pack of beer all year and one shot of vodka on Saturday night at AD.
28. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2006?
- Nope. None that weren't prescribed for me, that is.
29. Did you treat somebody badly in 2006?
- I lost my temper with somebody that didn't deserve it, but we got over it after about a month.
30. Did somebody treat you badly in 2006?
31. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? - About the same.
ii. thinner or fatter? - Probably heavier than last year, but only by a few pounds.
iii. richer or poorer? - Overall I'm richer but my cash flow sucks. I've made progress on whittling down my debts.
32. What do you wish you’d done more of in 2006?
- I wish I'd spent more time hanging out with people and I also wish I'd gotten to bed at a decent hour more often. (Yes, I know these tend to be mutually exclusive.)
33. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- Staying up until all hours reading or playing games on my PC.
34. Did you fall in love in 2006?
- No, although I lusted in my heart after a number of women.
35. What was your favorite TV program(s)?
- Haven't seen enough TV this year to have a favorite program.
36. What song will always remind you of 2006?
- TBD. I don't listen to the radio much, and none of the music I've heard this year seems inextricably linked to any particular events. Kid Rock's "Wasting Time" is a strong possibility, though.
37. How many concerts did you see in 2006?
38. Did you have a favorite concert in 2006?
39. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- Kid Rock. Add N to [X] was interesting, but not that great.
40. What was the best book you read?
- Forstchen & Gingrich's alt-history trilogy, Gettysburg, Grant Comes East, and Never Call Retreat, which really should have been published in one fat tome.
41. What was your favorite film of this year?
- Snakes on a Plane. It was the only movie I saw this year.
42. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I had the day off, but didn't do anything special. This year I turned 47.
43. What did you want and get?
- For my birthday? Nothing, and nothing.
44. What did you want and not get?
- I would have liked to have seen my masseuse, but she was booked.
45. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- Winning the Powerball, I guess. Realistically, more sleep. It would have helped me avoid several bouts of illness.
46. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
- "My Festive Color Is Black - Why Do You Ask?"
47. What kept you sane?
- Good question. I'll get back to you on that.
48. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- Britney Spears. She brings out the white knight in me. #^_^#
49. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
- More sleep, less sickness!
50. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
- "I'm just sittin' here, just wastin' time/Smokin', thinkin' and drinkin', trying to ease my mind..."
Looks like P and I are going to hit the range tonight, which means I'll have to get all my comments for Stipple-APA done tomorrow night. Whee.