1. Was 2012 a good year for you?
No. It would be fair to say that after I came home from AD2012, the year went straight into the shit and stayed there.
2. What was your favorite moment(s) of the year?
11:59 PM, 12/31/12, because this year of misery, depression and suck will finally be over.
3. What was your least favorite moment(s) of the year?
Paradoxically, the day I was approved for SSI and SSDI. That set a really ugly train of thought rolling down the mental tracks.
4. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Changed residences twice inside of 30 days.
5. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do New Year's resolutions because I suck at following through on them.
6. Where were you when 2012 began?
Home. I really don't do New Year's Eve stuff any more.
7. Who were you with?
It was just me and my teddy bear.
8. Where will you be when 2012 ends?
The Extended Stay America in Springfield, waiting to move into new quarters tomorrow.
9. Who will you be with when 2012 ends?
10. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not this year.
11. Did you lose anybody close to you in 2012?
Not this year.
12. Who did you miss?
A number of people who are either dead or in Minnesota.
13. Who was the best new person you met in 2012?
Nobody fell into this category.
14. What was your favorite month of 2012?
I think April sucked marginally less than the other eleven months.
15. Did you travel outside of the US in 2012?
Only in my dreams.
16. How many different states did you travel to in 2012?
Four. Maryland, Minnesota, West Virginia and Illinois.
17. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Determination and optimism.
18. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Didn't have any days like that.
19. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't think I had any achievements this year, unless beating Bioshock counts.
20. What was your biggest failure?
Failing the CPA exam.
21. Did you suffer illness or injury?
22. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't think I bought anything particularly noteworthy this year.
23. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends Brian, Tish (and her husband Gavin), Paul, Kimby and Mark, without whom the move out of Foxchase would have been impossible,
24. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ex-roommate J, who I hope dies of some loathsome, protracted illness so he can better contemplate a Christian's duty to the sick.
25. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, food, gas, utilities. The usual.
26. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Nationals winning the NL East, and coming oh-so-close to beating the Cardinals in the playoffs.
27. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2012?
I overdid it at Alex's wedding and was brutally hungover for a couple of days; on the other hand, I had three glasses of Aussie Red at the Taylors' over Christmas, and that actually seems to have done me some good.
28. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2012?
Only the prescribed ones.
29. Did you treat somebody badly in 2012?
30. Did somebody treat you badly in 2012?
31. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? - Sadder, and not much wiser.
ii. thinner or fatter? - Fatter. I fell off the low-carb wagon in a big way this summer. :(
iii. richer or poorer? - Richer, oddly enough.
32. What do you wish you’d done more of in 2012?
Working. I would much rather have been working than collecting unemployment.
33. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting around the apartment staring at the computer monitor.
34. Did you fall in love in 2012?
35. What was your favorite TV program(s)?
A Game Of Thrones, also Nationals baseball.
36. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Nothing really stands out this year, probably because I didn't get any really new music.
37. How many concerts did you see in 2012?
Jason & The Scorchers at the Iota back in January, unfortunately without Stacie Collins.
38. Did you have a favorite concert in 2012?
There was only one concert.
39. What was your greatest musical discovery?
There wasn't any of that this year.
40. What was the best book you read?
Michael Flynn's In The Lion's Mouth, although it had stiff competition.
41. What was your favorite film of this year?
John Carter of Mars. Spielberg's Lincoln was good, but not as good as Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter or The Avengers.
42. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Slept in. This year, I became 53.
43. What did you want and get?
44. What did you want and not get?
Winning numbers for either the Powerball or Megamillions, passing grades in Intermediate Accounting II (third iteration) and the CPA exams.
45. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Passing the CPA exams, because I'd have a job now if I had.
46. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Pretty much the same as it always is: "The Festive Color Of My Tribe Is Black"
47. What kept you sane?
Not a damn thing.
48. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I think I'm pretty much past that.
49. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
I don't think I had any of these.
50. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"'Cause I don't want to talk about Jesus/Not even for a minute or two/I only want to talk to you..."