1. Was 2011 a good year for you?
Yes. Much like last year, I spent most of it broke and a lot of it stressed out, but at least nobody died.
On balance, this has been a good year. Much progress has been made toward the CPA, despite occasional academic fail.
2. What was your favorite moment(s) of the year?
In December, P got a TDY assignment to the Virginia Data centers, and there was much rejoicing, to say nothing of tapas, coffee, cheese, burgers...
3. What was your least favorite moment(s) of the year?
Getting my business law research paper back with a grade of -6 and realizing that I had just failed the course. (The professor kindly rounded it up to a 0. Fat lot of good that did.)
4. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Went to Las Vegas and covered a presidential candidate debate.
5. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do New Year's resolutions because I suck at following through on them.
6. Where were you when 2011 began?
Home. I really don't do New Year's Eve stuff any more.
7. Who were you with?
It was just me and my teddy bear.
8. Where will you be when 2011 ends?
Answer unclear, ask again later.
9. Who will you be with when 2011 ends?
10. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My niece Valerie.
11. Did you lose anybody close to you in 2011?
Deo gratia, no.
12. Who did you miss?
A number of people who are either dead or in Minnesota.
13. Who was the best new person you met in 2011?
Mr. F. Awesome dude from a different subdivision of my old town, the intelligence community.
14. What was your favorite month of 2011?
December, despite its several annoyances and failures.
15. Did you travel outside of the US in 2011?
16. How many different states did you travel to in 2011?
Three. Maryland, California, and Nevada. (DC is not a state and never will be. Suck on it, Washingtonians.)
17. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A steady job to cover me between tax season and whatever job I get once I have my CPA.
18. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Didn't have any days like that, fortunately or unfortunately.
19. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Avoiding serious illness; only two days lost to the hospital this year, booya!
20. What was your biggest failure?
Wiping out on this summer's intermediate accounting class, having to retake it in the fall, and failing it again - along with business law. :(
21. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only had one weekend at (General) Eric's, so it was a good year in that respect.
22. What was the best thing you bought?
Originally I was going to say DeathPad, the HP TouchPad I picked up this fall, but on further review it would be Netzilla, the ASUS netbook I acquired just before Cowzilla succumbed to electronic Alzheimer's.
23. Whose behavior merited celebration?
P, without question. Can't kvell enough to express my pride at her accomplishments this year.
24. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody I really care about.
25. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, food, gas...the single biggest thing I spent money on was most likely the DeathPad.
26. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Nationals finishing third, ahead of the Fish and Mets.
27. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2011?
I had a sip of coffee-flavored brandy, and another of Scotch, and that was it.
28. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2011?
None that weren't prescribed for me.
29. Did you treat somebody badly in 2011?
30. Did somebody treat you badly in 2011?
No. In fact, a lot of people treated me better than I deserved. #^_^#
31. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? - Happier. Definitely.
ii. thinner or fatter? - Thinner. Much thinner.
iii. richer or poorer? - Poorer, definitely.
32. What do you wish you’d done more of in 2011?
Working. I would much rather have been working than collecting unemployment.
33. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting around the apartment staring at the computer monitor.
34. Did you fall in love in 2011?
No, although I lusted in my heart after a number of women.
35. What was your favorite TV program(s)?
A Game Of Thrones. Thanks to Mark T. for having me over to see this, because it was awesome.
36. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Nothing really stands out this year, probably because I didn't get any really new music.
37. How many concerts did you see in 2011?
38. Did you have a favorite concert in 2011?
None, but 2012 is going to start off with a serious bang.
39. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nine Inch Nails' Ghosts albums, especially Ghosts III
40. What was the best book you read?
Michael Flynn's Up Jim River. I think I'll be picking up its prequel, The January Dancer and its sequel as cash flow allows.
41. What was your favorite film of this year?
RED. I also saw Atlas Shrugged, Sucker Punch, Cat People, Curse of the Cat People, and The Return of the Lone Wolf; while some of those were amusing and/or interesting, RED was clearly the best of them.
42. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Visited Mr. Taylor and burned steaks. I am 52 this year.
43. What did you want and get?
44. What did you want and not get?
Winning numbers for either the Powerball or Megamillions, a passing grade in Intermediate Accounting II (second iteration) and an understanding of what my Business Law professor wanted in a research paper.
45. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
46. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Pretty much the same as it always is: "The Festive Color Of My Tribe Is Black"
47. What kept you sane?
My friends and my family. God bless all of you.
48. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I think I'm pretty much past that.
49. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
The homework, like the spice, must flow.
50. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"And now we're back where we started/Here we go round again/Day after day, I get up and I say/Come on, do it again..."